Cloth Diaper Storage

I love seeing how other people store their diapers. The cute set ups, the pretty baskets, neat changing stations etc.

Today I would like to share with you a few things that I have done for storage solutions as well as some ideas submitted by others.

With both of our girls in diapers we had a lot going on. We picked up baskets that fit the diapers perfectly making storage on this changing station an organizational breeze. There was plenty of room for all of the diapers for the girls as well as wool, wipes, doublers and even containers for pre-moistened wipes.
Once my girls started to use the potty frequently we transitioned their diapers into the bathroom, it just made more sense for us. We have a vanity that has 3 drawers down each side and then a section under the sink. Something like this:

Under the sink, I put her prefolds and some inserts and a few other things that I don’t use much. In the 3 drawers on the right. I kept her diapers, with wipes are dry in the top drawer, stacked up and ready to go :)

These are a few other solutions that I used.

This was in the bottom of our old entertainment center in the living room. It was super handy when she was really little :) This was in her room before we bought the changing station. It was the bottom of a converted bookshelf :) We added a rod in the top half to hang her baby clothes before my husband built her a closet :)
Now, I have never done this one, but I’ve always thought that it looked like a good idea :) These are the Closetmaid cubes, but it would be so easy to make yourself. Also, if you DIY, you could make it fit the style of basket/container/cube you want.
Here are a few great options that I have seen :)
and this wall mounted version :D This would be great above a changing table or dresser!

How are your diapers set up?

Jennifer January 19, 2010 at 1:35 pm

If you are looking for an ecofriendly solution, you shouldn't use Closetmaid. Their products use vinyl coating which releases harmful PVC during the manufacturing process and even afterwards. There are many other ecofriendly solutions out there. Check out organizedliving.com and the freedomRail solutions.

Amanda January 19, 2010 at 1:39 pm

Thanks, I will look for a similar solution to replace it with :)

I didn't even think of that.

Amanda Hearn January 19, 2010 at 1:39 pm

Thanks, I will look for a similar solution to replace it with :)

I didn't even think of that.

Sam and His Parents (Angie and Brian) January 19, 2010 at 5:21 pm

We converted a waist high dresser into a changing table by adding a changing pad. We use the tope drawer for diapers. Since we only use SmartiPants we don't need to separate them, but I love the ideas that you have shown.

Sam's Minions (aka parents- Angie and Brian) January 19, 2010 at 5:21 pm

Ben's Mommy January 19, 2010 at 10:56 pm

These pictures make me jealous of the organization.

Mommy of 3 January 19, 2010 at 10:56 pm

These pictures make me jealous of the organization.

Eco-Friendly and Frugal January 21, 2010 at 8:50 pm

This is a great post. I really love seeing cloth diaper set-ups and the options that are out there. Since our LO isn't here yet we just have all of the CDs shoved in a paper bag in a closet. This makes me want to get something to make it look better!

Rachel A. May 14, 2013 at 8:47 am

I just found this after I emailed you about it! Doih! These are all great for the nursery, still looking for cloth diaper diaper bag set ups if possible :)

Candice September 22, 2013 at 5:06 pm

Check out this product, Baby Changes! It provides decorative diaper storage and a changing mat in one!

Kym B October 22, 2014 at 7:15 pm