Farewell Old Friend

affiliate disclosuremedical disclosure

According to an email out today from Cotton Babies (makers of Bum Genius, Flip, Econobum) the very popular Bum Genius 3.0 One-Size (pocket diapers) are being discontinued.

Yes, you heard right.  The 3.0 will be no more.  Not sure how I feel about this, as I have several and they make great night time diapers.  I’m not a huge fan of stuffing them, but it goes with the territory.  The 3.0s are a great diaper, minus the velcro issues, but their amazing warranty makes that a non-issue in my opinion.

So all of this just begs the question, what’s coming next?!  Well, we don’t know, and won’t know for a full week.  According tot he email, the new product will be revealed on June 29th, with orders shipping July 14th.

Until then, if you like the 3.0s, or just want some good diapers at a great price, stock up with their Buy 5, Get 1 Free deal (while supplies)!  It’s a great way to build a stash or at least get several night worthy diapers.

So what do you think it is??  More sizes?  New designs?  Snap?  Something else?  I’d love to hear what you think of all of this.

Amanda Hearn

Amanda Hearn

Founder of The Eco-Friendly Family, design geek, serial tanktopist, content creator, mother, coffee addict, & lover of fun. I am also a partner at Green Child Magazine & Put A Cup In It!
Amanda Hearn
The Good Wife June 22, 2010 at 6:11 pm

I bet the new version will have snaps. That is my only complaint about the BG3.0. I wish you could get them in snaps. As it stands you can only get the organic one in snaps and since they are more $$ I have less of them.

~Amy June 22, 2010 at 6:35 pm

I agree with the previous comment- I am at the point of needing to replace every single BG3.0 with snaps. Since my dd is PT though, no rush but I'd be highly annoyed if she weren't.

Stephanie @ Confessions of a Trophy Wife June 22, 2010 at 6:35 pm

Oh noes! I love the BG 3.0s! They have their downfalls as all CDs do, but they are the best ones I have found to fit my skinny guy! I'm definitely going to have to stock up! I hope they're just coming out with a 4.0 version, but I guess we'll see. I like the aplix for function, but I would also be happy if they were available in snaps. I also hope they come out with a wider selection of colors and maybe some prints. Now I feel like I need to buy up every BG 3.0 I can get my hands on 😛

SAPsMaMa June 23, 2010 at 3:02 am

Wondering what their warrenty is you mention as I have 30 BG 3.0 diapers I"m slowly using refresher kits to repair, we can't use them until they're repaired and they're the only ones we can use at daycare, it takes me a long time to repair them though!

alittlekloep.com June 23, 2010 at 8:09 pm

The warranty (which I'm actually exercising right now due to a bum leg gusset) is something like 1 year from purchase due to manufacture defect. They ask a million and one questions to make sure you treated the diaper right and didn't cause the issue.

BG's make up 90% of my stash right now. Hoping they come in with a good replacement or it's off to buy stock in FuzziBunz:)

Organic on a Dime June 25, 2010 at 5:56 pm

I love these diapers!!! They are the only cloth diaper I've tried=(. My son is almost out of them though, and they are getting a bit snug on him!

Comments on this entry are closed.