Cloth Diaper Classes

Congratulations on taking the first step in joining the collective effort that is a modern day cloth diaper revolution!

Each year there are more than 4 million babies born in the US.  On our Cloth Diaper FAQ (new to cloth?  be sure to read our FAQ!), it was estimated that each child would remain in diapers for an average of two and a half years – using 5,600 diapers, which would average out to little more than 6 diapers a day.
Based on the estimated US sales of disposable diapers and the figures above –  4 million babies will use 22.4 billion diapers, costing $12 billion dollars and resulting in more than 2.5 billion tons of untreated fecal matter, urine, plastic and wood pulp being thrown into landfills in the 2.5 years that they are in diapers.
So what if everyone chose cloth?  In the FAQ it was estimated that a family could save $2350 by choosing cloth, and that was priced for high end diapers.  Choosing a simpler option like prefold diapers would grow that number by about four-hundred dollars.  If every child born in a year was cloth diapered from birth to potty training, US families would spend just 2.6 billion dollars resulting in a savings of 9.4 billion dollars.
To help spread the word, I have decided to offer cloth diapering workshops in my area four times a year, and can be available in my home for those who have scheduling needs.  I am working on building a stash of new diapers for demonstration purposes.  If you are a cloth diaper company or shop interested in helping, there are incentives for you, please email me.

Thank you to the following companies for their contributions – making this all possible!
Learn more about these great companies by clicking their logo.

In addition to cloth diapers I will be including information on reusable feminine products.
I feel strongly about the importance of this and am happy to be sharing this important health information with women.
Special thanks the the companies below for their help with this important matter!
Learn more about these great companies by clicking their logo.

UPCOMING CLASS DATES

Please email me for current class information or to schedule a private class.

Looking to purchase diapers?  Here are some shops we like:

thecrunchywife February 19, 2011 at 10:49 pm

Wish I lived closer to you…I would so be there :) What you're doing is great – I hope a lot of people take you up on this opportunity!

The Eco-Friendly Family - Amanda March 6, 2011 at 6:12 pm

Baby Tree Hugger October 14, 2011 at 5:13 am

I think it's great that you are providing information about not just cloth diapers but reusable feminine products as well. I think it is just as important for people to realize that pads and tampons are just as bad as diapers (even if on a smaller scale).

Regan S February 12, 2012 at 8:52 pm

I love this! I wish that I lived in an area that had things like this. I’m kind of surprised that there aren’t where I live. This is fantastic

Rachel September 13, 2012 at 1:13 pm

I absolutely love cloth diapering! I haven’t purchased diapers in about 8 months!! And I’ve recently started making my own and having a blast while doing it. :)

Elysia February 23, 2013 at 5:01 am

Love your blog, will be adding your badge on my block. The cloth diaper actually makes me excited to have a baby one day lol.

Amanda February 23, 2013 at 11:43 pm

Thanks Elysia, I have to admit that the lure of adorable cloth gives me baby fever every time I think about it, lol!

davide May 2, 2013 at 8:51 am

We are used to work with grovia by a long time, here in Italy there are many people interested in cloth diapers, I hope everytime more! thanks for Blog, it is really interesting!
davide

Catherine May 6, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Great idea! I would love to switch to cloth menstrual products, but the up front cost is prohibitive.

Chelsea May 9, 2013 at 9:00 am

After cloth diapers reusable or cloth menstrual products doesn’t seem like a big deal! I may have to try them.

Vanessa V. June 1, 2013 at 1:34 am

I wish there were classes close to me, I would take all of my friends who don’t cloth diaper.

Robert Nelson June 8, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Thanks for the tutorial. We used cloth diapers with our first and only, and couldn’t be happier. I think it also encourages parents to be more in-tune with their baby’s rhythms. You have a great green living blog…I run my own at http://www.dudesustainable.com. You should come and let me know how I’m doing.