How to Eat a Pomegranate

Everyone has their own way to eat cut up pomegranates, but this is what works for me.  No water, no mess!

Pomegranates make great snacks for adults and kids, mine love them!  Keep a close eye on them, as they can stain if they get on carpeting and clothing.  You’ll want to get it scrubbed out quickly.

For an easy demo, watch the video below.  I cut up another to take photos for those who don’t love videos.  You can find them below the video.

Enjoy your pomegranates!

On to pictures (click to see it larger!)

Kristal December 7, 2011 at 5:35 pm

Thank you!! You've changed my pomegranate eating life. :)

JoyfulJ December 7, 2011 at 6:37 pm

I love pomegranates!!!

nsees December 9, 2011 at 2:11 am

First off, this has made buying a pomegranate much less intimidating. Thank you!

Secondly, your girls are too cute. I loved the little hair swipe and "share, share". Adorable!

Amanda @The Eco-Friendly Family December 9, 2011 at 3:35 am

Aww, thanks! You'll be surprised by how easy it really is, just be sure to buy more than one My girls ate two in a sitting!

Rachel N July 1, 2012 at 1:49 pm

That looks so much easier than what I have been doing all these years:) Thanks for the tip.

Nicole Raber January 30, 2013 at 11:51 am

This is awesome! How did I miss this until now?! I’ve wanted to try pomegranates for a while, but have been imtimidated. This makes it look pretty easy though!

Elizabeth Parker February 12, 2013 at 4:41 pm

I tried one for the first time recently and had no clue what to do with it. I just knew that they were yummy, (from trying flavored things and from friends telling me so :P), so I wanted to try one. I had NO IDEA what to do with it, so I grabbed a pamphlet that was near them telling me what to do. You’re way is so much better than the pamphlet’s though. It told me to cut off the top and bottom, cut it into quarters, and then remove the seeds inside. It wasted so much of the yummy fruit. :(

Andrea August 5, 2013 at 12:08 am

I just ate one 4 the first time, I’m 35 and in Florida , got it from a grocery. Take a plastic knife and cut it across like with a passion fruit, it takes an hour 2 eat all the red things but they sure are sweet. The rind is bitter, toss it. I think I like it pretty much. Most fruit trees here are lemon.