With the knowledge about big “trusted” baby care companies using toxins in their products, many parents are justifiably worried about finding safe products for their children. When it comes to skin, less is more and this simple recipe will leave baby clean without the worry of synthetic foaming agents, hormone disrupting fragrances or any other toxins.
Nourishing Baby Wash Recipe
- 1 Cup Room-Temperature Water (preferably distilled for shelf life)
- 1 Teaspoon Organic Coconut Oil (or Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1-2 Tablespoons Unscented Dr. Bronner’s Castile Soap (1 tbs will work great, but if you want more ‘suds’ try using 2)
- Foaming Pump (Preferably used, but you can buy them too.)
- Melt the coconut oil if needed.
- Stir all ingredients well in a cup and pour into your foaming pump.
- Before using, give it a gentle shake. That’s it!
This recipe works great in a foaming pump. Since it does not contain synthetic foaming agents you might find that it doesn’t ‘sud’ as much as you are use to with other washes. That’s okay! Suds don’t really do the cleaning, no matter what advertising would like you think. If you find that you’d like more sudsing, simply add a bit more of the Castile soap to your mixture.