Oh, just Pinterest??
–well, whatever. I had to try it, so here we are!
I am all about easy, and I am even more about using up the food in my house before it goes bad. I am really trying to work on this, so I decided to check out the basic “how-to” and give it a whirl.
This dish turned out super yummy, so feel free to copy down the ingredients, but more or less you’ll want a decent sized pot to add whatever you happen to have on hand and follow the basic structure. This is so easy (it was prepped and at the table in about half an hour) and the combination possibilities really are endless!
- 1 lb Box of Organic Rotini
- 6 cups of Water (or Broth)
- 3 giant gandfuls of Fresh Baby Spinach (tear it up!)
- 1 large Tomato (diced)
- 1 package of Sliced Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tabespoons Butter
- 1 heaping tablespoon of Diced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasonings (dry)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 8 oz block of Mozzarella (chopped)
- Toss all of your ingredients into a pot (except for the mozzarella - and don't forget to arrange them perfectly and snap a photo for Instagram). Add water, stock, booze or whatever liquid you happen to be using.
- Bring this all to a boil (uncovered!), reduce to a low boil and cook until the pasta is done (I like mine more along the al dente side, but cook yours to whatever firmness you prefer). Stir occasionally - if you feel like it.
- Remove from heat, toss in the mozzarella, stir - serve - eat!