This recipe very filling, and quick enough for a satisfying lunch or dinner.
Baked Portobello with Egg
- Portobello Cap
- Portobello Stem (or another small cap to dice up)
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning (or fresh herbs)
- Prehead the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash and pat dry your mushroom caps. Remove and dice the stem.
- Mix olive oil with seasoning and brush the cap with this mixture. Toss the diced stem with the remaining mixture.
- Bake the cap (with the bottom up), with mushroom pieces for 15 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Remove the dish from the oven. Scoop up the mushroom pieces and place them in the cap, creating a bit of a bowl in the center if possible.
- Carefully break the egg and place it in the center of the mushroom cap.
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Return it to the oven, set to broil and remove once the whites are done (approximately 5-7 minutes).
- Remove and enjoy!