Getting creative in the kitchen is always fun, so when I had the opportunity to create a sponsored recipe using non-dairy alternatives like a Cashew Plant-Based Beverage I couldn’t pass it up.
I tried more than one before landing on a favorite, but this was the clear winner. A little spice (or a lot!) is balanced with Pacific Foods’ Cashew Vanilla Unsweetened Non-Dairy Beverage.
This made so.much.food. It was more than enough to feed my family of four … and still have leftovers for lunch the next day. This recipe is dairy-free and on the spicier side. We love being able to opt for plant-based ingredients, but of course you can sub out for your favorites and tone down the spice by simply using a bit less. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 2 tbs Prepared Seasoning Mix
- Diced Onion (1 small or 1/2 large)
- 1.5 - 2 lbs Diced Chicken
- 2 cups Water
- 2 cups Pacific Foods Cashew Vanilla Unsweetened Non-Dairy Beverage
- 2 tbs Adobo Sauce from Chipotle Peppers
- 15oz Can Diced Tomatoes
- 2 tbs Tomato Paste
- 15oz Can Black Beans
- 15oz Frozen Organic Corn
- 10oz Vegan Cheddar Cheese Alternative
- 1 tbs Chipotle Chile
- 2 tbs Ancho Chile
- 1 tbs Salt
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- Prepare seasoning mix and set aside.
- Add 2 TBS Olive Oil to hot pan. Add 1 small diced onion, chicken, 1 tbs prepared seasoning mix, adobo sauce. Cook until done. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Place pot back on burner. Add water, Pacific Foods Cashew Vanilla Unsweetened Non-Dairy Beverage, & flour. Whisk.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, 1 tbs prepared seasoning mix (or to taste). Mix well & bring to a low boil. Stir as needed.
- Add 16 oz penne - cook 10-12 minutes.
- Add back prepared chicken, black beans, corn, vegan cheddar. Warm for 3-5 minutes.
- Plate, add cilantro, and enjoy!