The first thing to remember is that signing up does not obligate you to anything. You will never pay membership fees and you will never be obligated to make a purchase that you don’t want. When you sign up with Young Living essential oils, it is an opportunity for you to explore without worry.
If you would like to purchase oils from Young Living, you can do so by ordering as a customer, or as a member.
What are the differences?
As a customer, you have your own personal shop. Log in, decide what you’d like to order, place the order, and you’re done. That’s it!
Now, if you think you’d like to have more from Young Living, you can choose to sign up as a member. As a member (remember, there are no fees!) you will instantly save 24% on the price of your oils. That, for some, is reason enough to join as a member. Becoming a member also opens you to opportunities to earn points (for free products) and even an income if you choose. Can you imagine earning an income from sharing something you already love?
If you’d like to join as a member, read on below. If you think that signing up as a customer is all you need, you can do so here. If you still aren’t sure, check out the post, “What Young Living membership option is right for you?“.
You’ve decided that membership is the way for you. That’s great! That means that you will instantly start saving 24% on the products you love to use.
Because signing up as a member opens you up to earning opportunities, Young Living wants to help set you up for success. To do this, you choose a starter kit when signing up as a member.
Kits range in price from $45, all the way up to $260. You can choose any kit. If you already own a lot of oils and a great YL diffuser, you may only need the $40 kit to get you in the door. If you think you’d like to replenish, or take advantage of the deals, a premium starter kit is the way to go.
The Premium Starter Kit is an exceptional value. It includes all you need to get started with Young Living:
A diffuser of your choice, this will determine the price of your kit. There are four great diffusers to choose from, to fit your needs and preferences. (See images on the graphic to your right. Click to view larger.)
- Home Diffuser ($160 – 34% savings)
- Dew Drop Diffuser ($160 – 34% savings)
- Bamboo Diffuser ($170 – 35% savings)
- Aria Diffuser ($260 – 36% savings & 1 per member limit)
The new Premium Essential Oils Collection (this kit includes 10 bottles of oil!) Lavender, Peppermint, Lemon, Copaiba, Frankincense, Thieves®, Purification®, R.C.™, DiGize™, & PanAway®) Plus Stress Away™ and an AromaGlide™ Roller Fitment, two Lavender Sample Packets, two Peppermint Sample Packets, two Peace & Calming Sample Packets, two Lemon Sample Packets, two Thieves Sample Packets, 10 sample bottles (these are great for sharing!), and two NingXia Red 2-oz. samples.
In addition to products, your kit contains a host of materials to make your business opportunity a success: Sample Packet Business Cards, the Welcome to Young Living booklet, Essential Oils at a Glance user’s guide, Distributor Resource Guide, S.E.E.D. Sharing for Success booklet, and more.
PLUS! Young Living recently announced that all Premium Kits would also come with an additional free 5ml bottle of oil. Each kit will include (at random) Lemongrass, Orange, or Tangerine essential oil!
There are other kits to choose from, and any one of them will help you gain member (distributor) status, but this kit is by far the best value – even if you just want to stock up on some great oils! The Premium Kit is $150, with optional $10 upgrade to the Bamboo Diffuser™, or additional for the luxury Aria diffuser. (Outside of the premium kit, the essentials oils kit and and basic diffuser would cost over $200; and this kit comes with so much more!)
How to Become a Member
Signing up as a member is a simple process but I have outlined the steps below, should you need them.
Step 1 – Once on the page:
- Be sure that “member” is selected. (Unless you do not want the 24% discount and would prefer to sign up as a customer.)
- Check off “A member referred me, and I have his or her information.” The member number should read: 1571483
- Fill out your personal information and check that you understand the Terms & Conditions. (This page does ask for your social. The reason it needs this is for legal tax purposes, because you have the ability to earn an income.)
- Choose a username, password and PIN. Be sure to write these down somewhere safe! You will need them to log in and/or call Young Living’s member services.
Step 2 – Select Your Kit!
- If you’d like to maximize your savings, select any “Premium Starter Kit”. These kits are the ones with the Premium Essential Oils Collection, diffuser, extras, and business starter kit. The other kits do not include the Premium Essential Oils Collection (10 oils).
- If you’re not worried about the additional savings, select any kit that speaks to you.
Step 3 – Essential Rewards (Optional)
Essential Rewards (ER) is an optional discount program within Young Living. You can choose to sign up now, later, or not at all. By enrolling in ER, you will earn up to 20% back on purchases (starting at 10% and increasing as you stay in the program) as points, which can be redeemed for free oils.
- If you would like to enroll in ER, you may choose a kit at this time.
- If you would rather not enroll at this time (or you would, but would prefer to choose specific products, as opposed to a kit) you can simply select “No, thank you” and you may enroll at any time by logging into your Virtual Office.
Step 4 – Shipping and Billing
- Enter your payment information and continue to complete your signup and purchase.
- You will have an opportunity to double check all of your information, and this will be used when you make purchases moving forward. (You can change it at any time by logging into your Virtual Office.)
- Click “Activate and Place Order” button, and you are done!
Step 5 — Do a happy dance!
Becoming a member is exciting. You’d begin saving instantly on the products you want, and you have an opportunity to share that with others and earn an income, even if your goal is just to offset the cost of your favorite oil. (Though the sky really is the limit!)
Your membership is all set to go and will remain active so long as you spend at least $50 in a calendar year (on anything you choose.) There are no membership fees or additional requirements.