I will skip the pleasantries and get right into it. Below is super simple but tasty recipe for spinach lasagna. Add in chicken or mushrooms for extra substance.
- ½ lb Lasagna Noodles (Takes approx. 10 noodles)
- 1 lb Ricotta
- 1 c Monterey Jack
- ½ c Grated Parmesan
- 20 oz. Frozen Spinach, thawed and drained (a 16 oz bag will work too)
- Sauce of choice
- Cover bottom of lasagna pan with 1/3 of the sauce. Arrange layer of uncooked noodles on bottom.
- Cover with second 1/3 of the sauce.
- Combine ricotta, parmesan and spinach and spoon ½ of the mixture over the noodles.
- Put a second layer of noodles over the cheese mixture, then the rest of the cheese mixture.
- Cover with the remaining sauce.
- Top with the Monterey Jack & cover with foil (domed so that the cheese doesn’t stick to the top)
- Bake 45 Minutes at 375 degrees.
- Remove foil and bake 20 minutes more.
Allow to set for just a few before cutting to serve & enjoy!