I’ve been a brand partner with Young Living for some time now. I love several of their products and also use some of their essential oils. I initially made the decision to sign up with a company to help save on the oils I used in my laundry detergent recipes and homemade cleaners. I am not a sales person (that’s not my thing), but I have been asked about oils, about Young Living, and about buying & selling their products, so I created this page as a way to answer the questions you may have without someone pushing you to purchase a kit or SIGN UP NOW. If do find that you are interested, I hope that this article helps and if you’d like to join, you can find my link here.
So You’re Considering Joining Young Living
The first thing you will likely ask yourself about signing up with Young Living is “How much will it cost me?” The answer is that it depends on what you want from your membership, but please know that you are never under obligation to buy anything, no matter what any representative tells you or pressures you to believe. There are, however, rewards and benefits available to you when you meet certain purchase thresholds (again, these are not membership fees). Regardless of the method you use, the best way to purchase your oils is to sign up. You can’t get member-only discounts and freebies any other way!
There are two main membership types:
Customer & Independent Distributor (though this one can really be broken into two).
- Customer — buy at retail pricing – no requirements, no fees
- Brand Partner — always buy at wholesale pricing – no fees, but there is a purchase requirement to be eligible for commissions (read more bellow)
Customer ( Default is Retail Pricing at 24% more than Brand Partner )
This type of membership is completely free to join, though availability may differ by country.
- Being a customer is for people who only want to purchase products
- You cannot be eligible for commissions with this membership type
- There are no membership fees or dues
- No obligation to purchase anything at all, at any time
Essentially, this type of membership allows you to easily order the oils and products that you need at retail pricing, plus tax & shipping — like purchasing from any other online store.
Note again that the pricing here is retail pricing. The products purchased here will cost 24% more than if you sign up as a brand partner. However, if you make a purchase of 100PV (this is usually about $100 before shipping) at any point you will qualify for the same wholesale pricing as a brand partner for the following 12 months.
You can sign up here.
Brand Partner ( Automatically save 24% with Wholesale Pricing )
This type of membership is with the intent of making an income. If you love the products, chances are that you already share what you know with friends and family. By being a distributor, you can earn a commission when those people buy products from you, or sign up under you to purchase them from their own account.
What Being a Brand Partner Gets You
- Automatically save 24% off of retail pricing
- No membership fees
- No yearly dues
- No obligation
- No selling required
If you wish to keep wholesale pricing, the only requirement is that you purchase about $50 worth of products per year (50 PV) – which is crazy easy to do and essentially just keeps your account from becoming dormant. If you do not purchase 50 PV (their point system) worth of products in a year, you can still buy oils, it will just be at retail pricing until you meet their requirement.
- Being a brand partner requires the purchase of the Business Essentials Kit (it’s roughly $30). You only have to purchase this kit once, at sign up
- If you wish to earn a commission check, you must also meet a minumum 100 PV or CV requirment in the month you wish to earn commissions (if you intent to earn, it’s best to just keep this steady to be sure you earn all commissions available to you.)
PV / CV Requirements?
- PV is “Personal Volume”, or the amount you personally purchase. And CV is “Customer Volume” is the amount your customers personally purchase.
- Your PV or CV requirement is based on your level with the company. This is displayed in large font on your Member Dashboard. In other words, you can’t miss it.
Meeting this requirement is surprisingly easy to do with their new product offerings. My typical order consists of cleaning products, bath bombs, and other giftable items. By using Subscribe to Save, you can make eligibility a breeze and also earn points that can be redeemed for free products. These points are great for buying gifts, having stock on hand, or treating yourself to something special.
If your “Qualified Rank” is below the rank of Silver (Distributor/Associate, Star, Senior Star, or Executive)
- You must meet a 100 CV requirement
- For example, you purchase 50 PV in products & your customer/s purchase 50 PV collectively. Your PV and CV combine to give you 100 total CV, thus qualifying for all commissions at these ranks.
- CV replaces the previous requirement of 100 PV for these ranks
- This new CV system is meant to help people new to being a brand partner get started
If your qualified rank is Silver or above (Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Crown Diamond, or Royal Crown Diamond)
- You must meet a 100 PV requirement – which means you must personally purchase a minimum of 100 PV in product to be eligible for all commissions at these ranks
If you are interested in building a business with Young Living, please feel free to reach out to me and I can help get you started and connect you with our amazing support team.
Additional Tips on Getting Started
Young Living also offers starter bundles to help you try the products for less than normal. You can only get this pricing when you sign up. They offer a wide range of starter bundles with various themes and raging from $25 to $265. Below are a few of my favorite options:
Personally, I think that the Premium Starter Bundle is a great value and idea if you want to try out a lot. It comes with a diffuser (I love mine) and includes a variety of oils, roll-on attachments, samples, and materials to help you become familiar with oils and how to use them. If a diffuser isn’t something you’re interested in, I personally use the Thieves cleaning concentrates as well as their CBD line, so I share and recommend those simply by them being used in my home regularly.
You can find step-by-step help for the Young Living sign up process here.
If you’re interested you can sign up here, and learn more about Subscribe to Save here ( Formerly Essential Rewards).
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me directly or comment below.