I just love the holidays. Spending time with family, good fun, good food — there is always a variety of new things to discover. I tend to stick to my favorites when it comes to bringing a dish to holiday gatherings, like my Hot German Potato Salad (yum!), but if your family is like mine, they seem to put a lot of effort into bringing something new (and yummy)!
This treat made by my sister-in-law was fun, adorable, and just the right size. These little pretzel bites are crunchy, a little bit salty, and sweet. What I really love is that they are just enough to give you something sweet after dinner without being overwhelming.
This recipe uses candy coated pieces (like M&Ms), Rolos, and pretzels. To make it a healthier choice you could opt for more natural candy pieces, like SunSpire Sun Drops, or replace them with dried fruit or a nut (so long as allergies aren’t a concern). To swap out the Rolos you could use a Lake Champlain Salted Caramel Bar (using the squares), or if you’re more adventurous you could even make your own! Traditional, round, and waffle pretzels are all a good choice.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place as many pretzels as you desire on the baking sheet.
- Place a chocolate covered caramel on each pretzel.
- Bake for 4 to 5 minutes. You want the caramel to soften, but not melt down.
- Remove the pan from the oven and gently place a candy coated chocolate (nut or dried fruit) in the center of the caramel. Push lightly.
- Cool and enjoy!
- Traditional, round, and waffle pretzels are all a good choice for this recipe (Newman's Own is an easy to find organic option).